Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hit the gym this morning on part of the winter workout from Zoodisc, and it felt damn good. Spent a good 20 minutes digging my car out of the snow, and in the process of getting my car out I buried the car next to me even deeper. I couldn’t describe the feeling while driving to the gym, everything was perfectly white as far as the eye could see, it was magnificent.

So got to the gym and started with some cardio and rode the bike for about 20 minutes or so on various hill workouts, then moved on to upper body/pectorals and ended with some calf workouts. Overall spent about 50 minutes or so, had to get back to park car, eat breakfast, shower (?), then go to work.

During lunch break planning on heading to the University Textbook Annex to buy my textbooks for the spring semester, and its going to take a pretty big chunk of money… The courses that the annex has in supply currently are:
  • Accounting 312: Systems Analysis & Design, $93.00
  • Accounting 331: Cost Accounting, $132.00
  • Sch-Mgmt 310: Inside Business Writing, $20.50
    Management Communications, $51.00

So the total for these 3 classes alone is $296.50. This is not counting the textbook for Accounting 322, which uses the same textbook as a class I took last semester (thank god, saves me like $100 or something dollars), and then there's Accounting 371 (Tax), which does not have a book listed yet, so who knows. Lucky I am working a lot this week so I can pay off that stuff.

Planning on going running tonight, and I'll make sure to wear longer leggings this time so I don't come back with frostbite.

OK so, moments after writing what is above, I get a call from some parent. I was on duty last night and the on call phone was forwarded to my cell phone. The office should have been opened at 10, therefore the phone would have been unforwarded. However it seems like nobody is in the office since the call to the office was forwarded to my phone. Anyways, I picked and its the parent of an athlete that lives in my hall. The team had gone on a 2 week training session in Puerto Rico, and when she got back to her room, she found her door partly opened. The parent was furious and was cussing me out, accusing me of allowing her door to be let opened. I explained to her that several days ago maintenance did a routine check on every room to make sure that the fire alarms were working properly, and that its possible that they may have left the door ajar, because when I came back I found my door opened as well, though nothing appeared to be missing. I suggested her daughter going to the police because its possible that someone broke in, though her mom made it sound like we don't care and we don't have the ability to do anything. A curious thing is that, her daughter got back Saturday, so why the hell is she calling on Saturday, dumb.

Whatever, her problem now. Time for lunch and spending lots of money on books.

No comments: