Monday, January 14, 2008

Snow Day!

Alright just thought I’d share some experiences so far this winter. So if you are not currently in Amherst right now you might not know the weather situation; it’s currently snowing like hell outside. So instead of going to the gym and running on the treadmills and whatnot (I would have to dig out my car somehow and drive up a huge slope, not very likely), I thought” what the hell, I should run around Amherst”, and grabbed my shoes, threw on some cold gear, and jumped outside.

On my first step out of my building, I took the step and sank straight down, past my knees, and for the duration of the run around Amherst I was running in snow about halfway up my leg, and I hadn’t bother to wear long leggings. Eventually my legs began to freeze up and I had to seek warmth in some building for a couple minutes before coming out to finish the run. I don’t know much what else to say expect that it was one of the more enjoyable runs I’ve had in quite a while, despite that my legs were frozen and my lungs hurt and I couldn’t see half the time and took couple pretty spectacular spills.

No comments: